Everyone occasionally feels depressed, but these feelings are usually fleeting and pass within a couple of days.
When a person has a depressive disorder, it interferes with daily life and normal functioning, and causes pain for them and those that care about them. With depression, feelings of sadness, loss, anger, or frustration last for weeks or longer. This is when depression treatment is essential.
Signs you are depressed & require treatment:
- Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness: A bleak outlook that nothing will ever get better and there’s nothing you can do to improve your situation.
- Loss of interest in daily activities: No interest in former hobbies, pastimes, social activities, or sex. You’ve lost your ability to feel joy and pleasure.
- Appetite or weight changes: Significant weight loss or weight gain, a change of more than 5% of body weight in a month.
- Sleep changes: Either insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping (also known as hypersomnia).
- Irritability or restlessness: Feeling agitated, restless, or on edge. Your tolerance level is low; everything and everyone gets on your nerves.
- Loss of energy: Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained. Your whole body may feel heavy, and even small tasks are exhausting or take longer to complete.
- Self-loathing: Strong feelings of worthlessness or guilt. You harshly criticize yourself for perceived faults and mistakes.
- Concentration problems: Trouble focusing, making decisions, or remembering things.
- Unexplained aches and pains: An increase in physical complaints such as headaches, back pain, aching muscles, and stomach pain.
If you suffer from any of these systems and would like help, Dr. Quintal & Associates are highly trained in the treatment of depression.
Depression treatment typically entails therapy &/or medication. Our team of highly skilled therapists can work with you or your loved one to bring relief – treatment is effective and results are lasting. Click here to see what our clients are saying about Dr. Quintal & Associates depression therapy.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call us today at (941) 907-0525 or schedule a free phone consultation.